Monday 1 August 2011

Guilty Pleasure: Double Dhamaal


Dhamaal was an amusing, Indianised version of Rat Race. It was a good way to kill time on a flight. But I fail to recall any part of it except the ending.

Double Dhamaal on the other hand was a laugh riot. I am always surprised at Sanjay Dutt’s flair for comedy. The first time I truly appreciated his comic timing was in “All the Best”. He is just as good here. Arshad Warsi and Javed Jaffrey are in solid form while Ritesh Deshmukh is another pleasant surprise. Ashish Choudhary is getting there.

I watched the movie twice, the second time with The Mater. She wasn’t as amused as I was though. I understand most people found the first film to be a vastly superior product.

But how can you NOT laugh at “Main sardar hoon....aur asardar bhi” ??

Stop judging me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.