Saturday 30 July 2011

Guilty Pleasure : Madonna, Holiday


What is it about pop culture that beckons me to worship at its altar and continually consume it’s cheesiest of offerings? For your classic-gold-pop cravings we have today that super awesome cant-get-it-out-of-my-head wonder that is Madonna’s Holiday. 


I can never tire of this song though. When I found this glorious music video, it went straight to loop playback. The routine is mesmerizing and Madonna gives it her all (for the 1980s at least). The male backup dancer is her brother Christopher – they had a fallout a couple of years ago when he passed a few snide comments about her.

There is another version where they perform this beside a swimming pool – in fluorescent clothing!


I prefer the studio version as its easier to watch.  She isn’t a recent fitness-freak convert, she has always been as is evident from those toned, muscular arms and shoulders. 

We need a holidayyyy!!!! Watch and enjoy.  
And please excuse me as I head off to learn that entire routine. 


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.